Mr. Guilmartin graduated cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2015. While in law school, he received academic accolades including Best Oral Argument and the top grade in his class in Wrongful Convictions, the Criminal Practice Clinic, and Civil Procedure. During this time, Mr. Guilmartin also participated in Hastings’ Trial Team, competing against the top law student advocates around the country in trial court settings, earning the Perfect Advocate award in 2013 and numerous competition victories thereafter. Prior to law school, Mr. Guilmartin graduated from the University of Florida Honors Program in 2008, where he studied as a National Merit scholar, ultimately obtaining a Bachelor of Science Degree in psychology, with a minor in philosophy.
Mr. Guilmartin joined Bay Area Criminal Lawyers in December of 2015. Prior to joining our firm in a full time position, he worked with a number of local criminal defense attorneys, including Mr. Cohen, on a variety of federal and state criminal cases. Previously, he worked for the esteemed San Francisco Public Defender’s Office as a certified law clerk.
During his time at the San Francisco Public Defender’s Office alongside seasoned attorneys, Mr. Guilmartin participated in high level trial work, including an attempted murder trial in 2015. He also helmed numerous pretrial efforts, obtaining felony dismissals at preliminary hearings and beyond.
Mr. Guilmartin has always viewed criminal defense as immensely important – and rewarding – work. Since college, he has been motivated by a passion for providing the zealous representation to which every individual is entitled, guiding clients through the minefield of criminal law practice to fight for a just resolution of their case.
Mr. Guilmartin now looks forward to bringing that drive to Bay Area Criminal Lawyers, where he works with talented and successful lawyers to deliver the tenacious advocacy clients deserve.
- University of Florida (B.S., 2012);
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- American Bar Association;
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice;
- California State Bar Association
- Co-author of James Publishing’s Ninth Circuit Criminal Law Reporter. The Ninth Circuit Criminal Law Reporter is a bi-weekly publication that summarizes all ninth circuit and U.S. Supreme Court decisions published since 1983. It is a widely used publication of up to date published decisions used by defense attorneys and prosecutors alike.